ETHAN'S BIRTH!!!
November 11, 2011
What a birthday huh? Sweet little Ethan joined our family on November 11th. He is such a sweet baby and we LOVE him!
So, just a little bit about his birth....He was born in Cedar City, Utah at Valley View Medical Center. He arrived at 5:32 am. He initially cried and after a few minutes started to grunt just a little (we were thankful to our nurse who picked up on this!). He was taken to the nursery where he was put on oxygen. 12 hours later he was still on oxygen and in the nursery and I started to worry a little. The pediatrician decided to order labs and a chest xray. They found that Ethan had a bilateral pneumothorax (one being very large) and would need to be life-flighted to Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George, Utah. Just before his life-flight, the pediatrician put a small chest tube in on one side and Scott and my Dad gave him a priesthood blessing. The priesthood blessing helped to calm me and give me much peace. It was then I knew that Ethan would be okay. By the time the life-flight arrived Ethan was stable and was breathing on his own (with the chest tube in). He was sent to the NICU. Scott and I went home quickly to pack our bags and get Travis and Tyler settled (they stayed at home with my dad) and then we were off to St. George to meet our little baby there. By the time we arrived to the NICU Ethan was still breathing on his own and was doing so well. I could tell that his little body was finally able to relax. He stayed in the NICU in St. George for almost 2 days and was then discharged home, healthy and happy! Before leaving to go home, the life-flight nurse and doctor told us that when they picked Ethan up in Cedar City, they thought he would for sure need 2 larger chest tubes and that he would be in the NICU for a while. They were so surprised to find that he did not need any further medical intervention once he arrived to St. George. It was such a miracle! I know that priesthood blessings are real and the power of a priesthood blessing is amazing. I am so very grateful Scott and my Dad were there to give Ethan a blessing when it was needed the most. I love them very much! And, I love my sweet little Ethan. He truly is a miracle! Here are the few pictures of his birth that we were able to get!Isn't he so sweet?
Ethan brought his big brothers a little present when he came! He brought them monster trucks! Travis and Tyler were so thrilled and played with those cars all day!
Scott holding Ethan in the NICU around 10:00 pm at night!

November 12th--Ethan's plans and goals while in the NICU.
Me holding Ethan in the NICU! I just LOVE him!
Ethan in his little incubator in the NICU!
My dad came up for Ethan's birth and thank goodness he did! I love my dad so much and he is one of the best men I know. At one of the times I needed him the most, he was there to help my family. He took right over and took great care of Travis and Tyler. He cooked, cleaned, did laundry and played with my little boys! They loved being with him! He even brought the boys down to St. George the day after Ethan was born to see little Ethan, Scott and I in the NICU. Thanks for all you did for us Dad. I LOVE YOU!
Travis and Tyler's first time getting to hold Ethan!
My sweet little boys!
Our family! I can't believe I have 3 little boys! I feel so blessed and am SO HAPPY!
November12th--Ethan getting his first bath in the NICU
Finally all bathed and wrapped up warm and cozy!
November 13th--Ethan's last day in the NICU
In the car seat and ready to go home!We are HOME! My dad made this cute little sign and hung it on the garage to welcome us home!
The boys love Ethan and are so thrilled we are finally all home together!
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Posted by Murdocks at 10:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow! What a story. I was thinking of you so much that week. I worried something went terribly wrong, turns out you did have a scare! I was so relieved to hear from you on the phone that day that you were all safe and home. That picture of your whole family is priceless!
Post a Comment