CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 3, 2009

JUNE 2009
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRAVIS!!
Travis had his 2nd birthday on June 9th. It's hard to believe 2 yrs have past! He is the sweetest boy and is full of fun! We love you Travis!
I took the day off work to celebrate Travis' birthday. Since we have Disneyland passes and they are nearly expiring, we decided to spend the afternoon at Disneyland. We had lots of fun! We went on: It's A Small World, The Carousel, Pirates and other fun rides!
We decided to get Travis his first "Mickey Ears" for his birthday. He got his name on the back of his hat and everything! He also picked out a fun Mickey sword that can light up!
After Disneyland, we headed home for pizza and to open birthday presents. Grandma and Grandpa Murdock, Aunt Lacey, Aunt Brieann and Cousin Kylee came to the party! For weeks Travis had been telling us he wanted "a party" with party hats, balloons and a cake (he saw a birthday party on the cartoon Mickey Mouse)! It turned out to be lots of fun.
This year he truely loved opening his presents!
He got his name in the form of a puzzle from Grandma and Grandpa Murdock!
THIS is what he waited for! He wanted a bike in the worst way and was thrilled to see that he got it!
Grandma and Grandpa Murdock gave him a little art desk. He loves it! Lacey gave him crayons, markers, coloring books and paper to go with it. It was a hit!

Travis finally held cousin Kylee at his party. It was so cute! He kept saying, "baby, baby, baby!"

Since he loves sports and ALL types of balls, I decided to try and make his cake this year (I had never done this before). It was lots of fun and he was suprised to see "the balls!"
We were able to celebrate his birthday also with Grandma Clark, Uncle Clayton and Aunt Hailey (we also celebrated Aunt Hailey's birthday the same day too)!

He loved opening presents once again! His absolute favorite was the baseball, baseball bat and tee! He also loved the LAKER PJ's (Scott especially loved them!), the basketball slippers, his beach toys and a new book for church (in which he asks for each Sunday)!

June 21--Father's day! I meant to get a picture of Scott and Travis together and totally forgot. We wrote Scott a little Father's Day card and then Travis painted his hand print (with watercolors) on the card. It was so cute!
I also had to post about Fathers day because Travis absolutely LOVES his dad. For the last 2 yrs I have worked to support the family and Scott has gone to school full time and coached the high school sophomore basketball team. BUT, one of the most important and most memorable things he has done this past 2 years has been to watch Travis while I worked. While at times it has been hard to balance everything, Scott has been such a wonderful father to Travis. From the minute I went back to work when Travis was about 9 weeks old, Scott has stepped in to be "Mr. Mom" at times and he has done a wonderful job. So many times I would have come home from work to find something new that Travis was doing because his dad had taught him. Often times I would come home to find them wrestling, playing, reading, watching cartoons together, swimming, and playing catch together. They have truely had some fun times together. I love you Scott and am grateful for the wonderful husband and father you have been to us!

Finally--Travis has absolutely loved his little sand box that Grandma and Grandpa Clark got for him! It fits perfectly on our back balcony and he goes out there everyday to play! It's been a life saver. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

2 comments:

Erin and Mike said...

I can't believe how big Travis is now Mary. It seems like forever since we've seen him--hopefully he still remembers us! Hope you guys are doing well and enjoying the summer. Let us know when you'll be through Vegas.

Megan and Mike said...

He is so big now! times flies... My husbands bday is the 9th too! its a sign.. i just dont know of what haha. You did such a good job on his cakes... how cute~!